Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Scar Tissue

     

      "Everyone should be quick to listen,slow to speak and slow to become angry"
                  James 1:19

I was angry and frustrated with my son about his unwillingness to help me.i felt betrayed by his lack of gratitude and indifference to all the things I do for him. I knew I had taught him better than that. I see him treat others great and have had many proud moments observing those traits, but at that moment I needed his help. 
   I really lost it. I was yelling and saying things that should have never come into my mind, much less paraded out of my mouth. When I realized I had gone to far,I felt very embarrassed by my outburst. I was very repentant for all the things I said to him in my rage. 
   We talked 20 minutes or so later. Both of us became emotional, expressed more clearly how we felt, apologized for bad behavior and words that were said.we emphasized our love for each other. In the future, I will pay more attention to what I say, because harsh words can leave a mark.

     "People who fly into rage always             make a bad landing"
       Will Rodgers




No comments:

Post a Comment